Keep you credit score high by doing the following.
1. Check for and correct any errors in your credit report. You could be paying for someone else’s poor management.
2. Pay down credit card bills. Pay off balances monthly. Transferring credit card debt to other cards can lower you credit score.
3. Don’t charge your credit cards to the maximum limit.
4. Wait 12 months after credit difficulties to apply for a mortgage. You will be penalized less for problems after a year.
5. Don’t open new credit card acct’s. before applying for mortgage.
6. Don’t order items on your credit card until after the home closes. Between loan approval and home sale closes, the lender will recheck your credit. Buying appliances, furnishings, or furniture before the home closes could sabotage your home purchase.
7. Avoid finance companies. The interest is high and could be considered poor credit management.
Follow these and you can improve your credit.